In this video, I show you how to install the wordpress website from scratch in just 15 mins. You will see how you can by pass the downloading of wordpress software, how you can create a contact page with form without writing a single line of code. Enjoy the video.
I’ve been using hostgator for web hosting for years and it has been very reliable. But the most important part is how easy it is to install the wordpress software in a matter of clicks. After wordpress is installed onto the web server, you can proceed to login with the generated password.
- The first thing you should do when you login to your new wordpress website is to change your password into something that you can remember since the one generated by wordpress is so difficult to remember, for the sake of security.
- You then proceed to the settings tab and modify the different options, especially the permalinks settings as it will affect your SEO rankings in future.
- Setup menus and add all the revelant pages.
- Go to Settings -> Reading; and change Front page and Posts page settings.
- Activate the Google XML sitemap plugin and generate the sitemap
- Go to widgets and remove the ones you don’t like.
The video below is the 2nd part of the video series: WordPress For Beginners
Do leave me a comment if you find this video useful.
Powered by Facebook Comments